Do you want to write for the CMCJ Blog? Please read the Guidelines below, and get writing!
Writers are welcome to submit work that has been published elsewhere. However, attribution to the previous publication / website / medium / etc. must be given stating the publication, publishing date, and a link to the publication (if available).
2. Editing Disclaimer
The Advisory Group Members of the Coalition of Museums for Climate Justice reserve the right to edit any and all articles that are submitted to be posted on the Coalition’s website https://coalitionofmuseumsforclimatejustice.wordpress.com/ for the purposes of ensuring clarity, factual information, correct grammar, etc. By submitting an article for consideration, you are demonstrating that you are in agreement with this statement.
3. Posting Rights
The Advisory Group Members of the Coalition of Museums for Climate Justice reserve the right to refuse to publish any and all articles that are submitted to be posted on the Coalition’s website https://coalitionofmuseumsforclimatejustice.wordpress.com/ without cause or explanation. By submitting an article for consideration, you are demonstrating that you are in agreement with this statement.
4. Adherence to the Style Guide
Writers are kindly asked to adhere to the Style Guide, which provides an outline for the expectations for articles published to https://coalitionofmuseumsforclimatejustice.wordpress.com/ for the sake of stylistic consistency.
- 100 to 500 words in length (some discretion given) in MSWord, if at all possible, please
- 1 image for every 200 words; max 3 images per post. Please send images separately. Note suggested placement in text.
- Image credit must be provided as well as an appropriate caption for each image
- No GIFs, please
- Provide links to embed in text to send readers to relevant content, museum websites, supporting data, outside context, etc. This can help keep your word count down as directing someone to a museum’s website rather than spending 50 words explaining what it is can be a lifesaver
- Title should be 4 to 7 words i.e. able to fit on 1 line on the website (ideally)
- Please include a brief 2 or 3 sentence bio of the writer. A photo of the writer is also appreciated.
5. Adherence to Coalition Themes
Writers are kindly asked to adhere to themes that advance the goals of the Coalition, which are to:
1. Help build internal awareness of climate change responses within the museum community
2. Support museums in strengthening public awareness and mitigation of climate change
3. Mobilize museums as participants and activists in public discourse on climate change.
4. Empower museums to lead by example by providing tools and resources to do so.
Case studies and stories are especially welcome. Click here for more details.
6. All Are Welcome
The Advisory Group Members of the Coalition of Museums for Climate Justice reserve the right to give publishing preference to content submitted by members of the Coalition of Museums for Climate Justice. However, it is not a requirement for all writers who submit content to the Blog published on https://coalitionofmuseumsforclimatejustice.wordpress.com/ to be members of the Coalition. All those interested in the goals of the Coalition, as listed above, are welcome to submit content for consideration. By submitting an article for consideration, you are demonstrating that you are in agreement with this statement.
7. Sending Content
If you are in agreement with the guidelines listed above and have prepared a blog post, please email it to Museums4Climate@gmail.com or use our Contact page to get in touch. We ask you to please send text (in MS Word) and images (JPEG) separately with an indication in the body of your text as to where you would like the images placed and their associated captions.
Many thanks to the Group of Ontario Emerging Museum Professionals for permission to use the format of their Blog Guidelines